Use the Defense Travel System (DTS): DTS must be used for all orders and vouchers. You will be provided an itinerary 2 weeks before the start of your course; DTS orders will not be approved without a complete itinerary. One DTS order will cover the entire course, simply add unit funding data for expenses not paid by NDU (see below).
Civilian Fellows (and non DoD): there is no tuition for Pinnacle but you must fund your own orders. Lodging is provided.
Orders and Vouchers: Pinnacle will provide Cross Organization (CrossOrg) funding 2 weeks before your course start date.
Cross Org LOA will be 18 PINNACLE.
Orders: Arrival into Norfolk area the Sunday before class starts and depart from Washington DC area the Friday of the last day. The course is expected to end by 1500 on Friday. Course starts in Norfolk and ends in Washington, DC.
Rental cars are not reimbursed for out of town Fellows because transportation is provided from:
- Norfolk airport to the Courtyard Marriott.
- From the Marriott to the briefing center daily.
- From Suffolk, VA to Washington, DC
- From the Westin hotel around Washington, DC, and back to the Westin.
- Fellows are expected to take a taxi from the Westin/Pentagon/NDU (where ever the course ends) to departing airports as government transportation for this purpose is not permissible via the joint travel regulations.
NOTE: Pinnacle does not reimburse costs of airline tickets from Washington, DC to Norfolk, but will reimburse a one way rental car. Tickets from Wash-Norfolk are cost prohibitive.
Fund Cites are not provided.